Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Scotty Goes Straight To Number One on iTunes After Winning "American Idol"


The youngest winner ever of the famous TV show, "American Idol,” Scotty McCreery has landed straight at the number one spot on the iTunes single charts as of this Thursday, after his victory. Fox television network, the broadcaster of the TV Show, has also announced an extreme 21% increase in the nationwide viewership of the music finale of the long-running singing contest.
17-years-old McCreery is now not only the youngest contest to win the finale but the first country musician as well. He broke the record of being the youngest "Idol" title winner, previously held by Carrie Underwood in 2005. The teenage winner won the title over defeating the even younger finalist, 16-year-old Lauren Alaina. Both of these finalists are the youngest Top 2 contestants to ever compete in the finale of 10 years history of the shows. McCreery has recently released his latest song, titled "I Love You This Big," which bumped right to the number one spot on the iTunes singles charts, while Alaina's hit song "Like My Mother Does" rests at the third position.

McCreery, who was previously a grocery store clerk in North Carolina, spoke after his win, exclaiming that "This is pretty wild. It is a whole lot more than I bargained for coming into this". He added "But I'm handling it well. This is my new life, so it's good." A large audience of 29.3 million viewers tuned in from all over America to witness McCreery’s success on Wednesday. The finale also included performances from pop artists including Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Bono and two of the judges of the show, Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler.
The ratings of last year’s show included a total of 24.2 million viewers nationwide, which formed a very profitable source of advertising revenue for the broadcaster Fox, as it has done in the past more than seven years.
While disclosing his intentions to perform at the Country Music Association Festival in Nashville next month, McCreery also declared that "I am really looking forward to getting my music out there." He stated "I think it's going to be a great album. I've got to pick some good songs. That's what it's all about after the show: good songs. The fans have got me where I am right now, but now I have to get out the music they want to hear." McCreery added "Country music is me, it's what I grew up with, it's what I do," and that "I have done all the work on 'Idol' and now it's time for the real job to start."

No comments:

Free counters!