Tuesday, February 22, 2011

#EntertainmentNews: Paul Bettany claims he totally regrets to deny the offer for the role in ‘The King’s Speech’


Paul Bettany

Paul Bettany claims that he is now totally regretting his decision for denying the request to a role for the Colin Firth's Oscar-nominated role in "The King's Speech." The Screenwriter of this epic movie, David Seidler, disclosed later that he had composed the screenplay, which was also nominated, picturing Paul Bettany, the british actor, in mind for the character of King George VI, with Oscar-nominated Geoffrey Rush as his speech therapist.
He was interviewing this Tuesday on the Sundance Film Festival, while the huge announcement was made that this epic film has received exactly 12 Oscar nominations. Bettany later justified his feelings stating that the reason behind is regret, he said: "Number one, of course, it is a regret not to be working with such great and really great people, Geoffrey Rush and (director) Tom Hooper.
He then later also stated that "I had been working for five months steadily and my son missed me and I missed my son. Both of my sons and my wife," he justified actor, while pointing to his efforts in the move, "The Tourist" for the role of Inspector John Acheson. Bettany has been successfully married to another actress, Jennifer Connelly, for quite a while now and they have two sons together. So he then questioned himself again stating that "Do I regret it?" while answering himself, as we quote: "I regret not working with such amazing, amazing actors and directors and writers. But no, I have to do the right thing by my family every time."

No comments:

Free counters!